Red poop!

Victoriald

Apr 30, 2024
Parrots
Indian ringneck (Georgie)
Okay so I just noticed my Georgies poop today has a red tint to it. He has eaten nothing out of the norm and this has never been noticed before. It looks like blood mixed with poop 😓 I am starting to feel uneasy now about it. He is acting normal like his normal self, flying, eating and drinking.
1000013531.jpg

usually black stool means they are internally bleeding, but ig red could mean it... i noticed this post was yesterday, how is he today? what is the color of his stool today? if it is not normal again, i would recommend going to the vet.

usually black stool means they are internally bleeding, but ig red could mean it... i noticed this post was yesterday, how is he today? what is the color of his stool today? if it is not normal again, i would recommend going to the vet.
It was his normal green and white today. He has had red pepper and a red grape carrots etc. My partner said not to worry it might be the fresh foods he's having

Any chance he has red toys? Sometimes my budgies poop red-ish if they're chewing on red dyed wood. Red pellets can also cause this, or really any red food. Internal bleeding comes with other symptoms like lethargy, so I'm sure your bird is okay. Good on you for being hyper-vigilant :) I hope your bird is okay

Any chance he has red toys? Sometimes my budgies poop red-ish if they're chewing on red dyed wood. Red pellets can also cause this, or really any red food. Internal bleeding comes with other symptoms like lethargy, so I'm sure your bird is okay. Good on you for being hyper-vigilant :) I hope your bird is okay
Ah yes I didnt think about his swing it has red dyed wood 🫣 He's flying around now so no lethargy or anything 😊

Most Reactions

Back