red bellied neck coloration

avs

Sep 27, 2013
Media
hi
i was just wondering if anyone has come across a rufriventris **** with red feathering running nearly all around the head like a collar before, or if this is just a one off on mine?
i've not seen this in any other red bellieds i've seen though that said i've not seen a vast amount of these anyway.
thanks.

hi
i was just wondering if anyone has come across a rufriventris **** with red feathering running nearly all around the head like a collar before, or if this is just a one off on mine?
i've not seen this in any other red bellieds i've seen though that said i've not seen a vast amount of these anyway.
thanks.

It would help if you could post a picture or two.

tried to upload last night but the file was too big, i'll put some on from another camera when i can. on reflection its probably just a continuation of the variable amount of red feathering around the head, though it does make him look collared. i've just never seen it on any others

hi
i have managed to get one photo on so far!
under the poicephalus photo's...

Re: finally. a hen red bellied

i have now finally found an unrelated hen to try to pair with my red belly! they take some tracking down in the uk!!! i was hoping to find one not tame but she is though hopefully not imprinted. the **** bird now says ''hello'' very clearly the best of any poicephalus that i have heard. and the new hen says quite a lot, though her voice is very quiet i'll try to put a photo on. now i have to hope that they will get on when i gradually introduce them!

red bellied nest hole size?

was just wondering could anyone let me know, what size hole is the norm for a red bellied nest box please

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back