record keeping program

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Months ago someone showed me a free program for aviary record keeping. I was going through a huge move and some other things, and thought "Oh I will look into that when things settle down." Well things never REALLY settled down, and I am finally searching for that program. The problem? I have no idea what it was called. I remember it was developed by a breeder and he was offering it free from his aviary web site, but I dont even remember what he bred, it could have been finches or cockatoos or anything in between. Does anyone have any suggestions of aviary management software for a decent price? I have always used a note card system but I would like to start sending home a blood line print out with my babies, and have my records backed up online just in case.

We used software called ZooEasy (ZooEasy - Breeding Software, Pedigree Software, Genetics). I'm not sure how the cost compares to other programs and I wouldn't say it's perfect, but I found it very simple to use for tracking relationships. I don't know anything about free programs though.

Thanks :) I found the free program, downloaded it, and... Nothing? I am not a techie person, perhaps my operating system doesn't support it, but all I got was a folder of bird related clip art! Haha, I will look into the one you mentioned :)

Failing that, good old Excel is great for record keeping :)

Most Reactions

Back