Razberry update

AnnBrown

Sep 28, 2015
Southern Louisiana
Parrots
Razberry, Galah (rose breasted) Cockatoo
Celine, sun conure
First I want to thank everyone for all of the advise and help you have given over the last few weeks!

Raz is doing really good! she is back to going right to my older son, the younger one has decided that he is fine with just sitting close to the stand and reading to her which is great because she is getting closer and closer to him and can easily climb from her stand to the chair for reading time. He is doing a very good job of not scaring her or pushing her!

We have also been gradually rotating her toys on her stand so every day or two there is something "new" (we let it sit on the table close to her stand the day before so she sees it...) She seems to enjoy her time on her stand and has really been enjoying listening to music and dancing while I work.

We have been working on "no bite" also paying a lot of attention to her eyes and body language when she starts becoming nippy. there have not been anything worse than a nip so I feel like we are making progress.

We are loving spending time together lots of cuddling and petting, she is also starting to talk more than fuss! when i walk by her stand and she wants attention she waves a foot at me and says "come!" lol we are trying to add "come here" but one step at a time.

We had a major test last week as it was the first time my husband had seen her. He works on a boat so he is gone for 20 days and home for 10. and he was the big family wild card sense he is the only one in the house that is scared of birds and leary about holding or interacting with her. he spent his first day talking to her while she was on her stand but not really trying to touch her. the second day he was thrown into the fire so to speak sense she decided to take a flying leap from her stand to the floor, on to the cat scaring the holy poop out of the cat and the golden retriever... sent both of them running as she chased them threw the living room screaming at them... all of this while I was elbow deep in a pastry project I could not walk away from! Hubby did great though... He walked right up to her offered his hand and said step up... she calmed right down stepped up on his hand and he ended up holding her for a while talking to her and petting her... (cat still refuses to come into the house if raz is on her stand and this has been 5 days. the cat (sadie) already avoided her like she was a killer because she had been bit by an M2 when she was about a year old)

Sounds like things are going well with Raz! :) Fantastic news and I hope things continue to improve! And hopefully, your husband falls in love with Raz just as much as you have! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back