Progresssssss

KateMyshkin

Oct 19, 2017
Florida
Parrots
Paco. A hybrid conure.
I can feed sunflower seeds to Paco now without him rushing my hand and biting it over and over. Now that I can give him treats we can let the training begin! We started with big treats like grapes and walnuts and I felt like I was giving him too many but it was temporary. We made it to seeds without attacking! Next battle is getting him off the seed mix and onto nutriberries or pellets. I like the nutrition berries because they have the whole foraging aspect of them but a healthy diet is all I’m hoping for. If Paco prefers pellets then he can have them. I can also grab his beak when he bites me. I’m the boss heh
:D

My history...
Harrison's Bird Foods
I feed Harrison's, supplemented by fresh healthy treats. My first, and later, my current avian vet recommended it. 30-ish years ago, Harrison's was still a small company. My vet was actually able to talk to Dr. Harrison about my bird's species and status, and they decided on the High Potency. My bird loves the pellets now, but to get him converted, my avian vet suggested putting pellets out all day, and putting seeds (his old diet) out for two 15-minute periods a day. That would sustain him but leave him hungry enough to try new stuff. I presume the same technique could be used to get him to eat other healthy stuff. My guy was eating pellets in a couple of days, and now I can feed a good variety of other stuff, knowing he has the pellets as a basic. Pellets are out all day... fresh treats a few times a day. I also like Harrison's via mail because I never have to worry about out-of-date products. :)

You're the boss? *bowing down* :worship2:

I was looking at your album KateMyshkin and I Think, though it's hard to tell from the distance, what you have is a Maroon Bellied Conure (Pyrrhura frontalis). I'd put that into the google machine, click images and see if you agree with the coloring scheme.

If you agree... it's not technically a GCC, but they are both members of the same Pyrrhura Family and are much closer together than say to a sun or jenday conure.

:green2: & :gcc:

I was looking at your album KateMyshkin and I Think, though it's hard to tell from the distance, what you have is a Maroon Bellied Conure (Pyrrhura frontalis). I'd put that into the google machine, click images and see if you agree with the coloring scheme.

If you agree... it's not technically a GCC, but they are both members of the same Pyrrhura Family and are much closer together than say to a sun or jenday conure.

:green2: & :gcc:

The guy who sold it said the same thing. So I’m thinking you two are right about it being a maroon bellied conure.

Most Reactions

Back