Problem

Yusuf

Sep 8, 2014
Istanbul, Türkiye
Parrots
African Grey-Yasef
Hello everyone,

After a long period of time, I need an advice on a delicate issue. My sweet grey Yasef which I had to give away one month ago, had started feather plucking. Should I get him back? would it help to recover? Or should we wait for him to get used to the new environment?

The reason why I had to give away Yasef was due to my irregular travels and not being home most of the time. But during that period he was doing fine actually.

The ones who are the experts on that please advice.

Thanks.

Yusuf

I'm no expert, but it sounds like your bird is reacting to his new environment. Maybe it would help to visit. Did you give him to strangers or someone who your bird met before? Is he in the same size cage? Diet the same? Toys he is familiar with? Just some basic question that might help your little buddy out. Let me know

They are stranger but with some experinece with birds. That was the first time they met each other. I transferred everything basically without changing the location of the toys also. The diet is the same.

I may think of visiting.
Thank you very much.

Well there's the problem ,your bird feels as if you abandoned him and you left him with strangers..would u like to be left with strangers? Maybe a few visits wouldn't hurt either.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back