Poppy's very own recipe for Too-Stew

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

Hi Feathered Ones! Do you get tired of the same old chop for dinner every day? This is my own personal recipe, I think you'll like it. It's easy to make, but it requires a little planning.

Try to do your foraging during time out of your cage. If you are an 'only,' you'll need to use your own things or things pilfered from your humans. If you have flock brothers and sisters, you can probably talk them out of a few items, if they aren't willing to donate the goods, steal them! I'm using budgie toys this evening. Choose toys with bright colors, and use a variety. I snagged an entire toy and smuggled it into my cage. Hide it among your foot toys until the coast is clear. Then wait until you have a fresh, full bowl of sparkling water, the bigger, the better! Now---look smug and wait until the humans are elsewhere.

Retrieve your smuggled goods and dump them randomly into your water bowl, stir gently until the vegetable dye starts to bleed into the water. Be creative, add the veggies you ignored earlier, toss in a leather strip for flavor, a couple of dried peppers, pellets, anything loose that you don't mind forfeiting, believe me, you won't get any of the soup ingredients back. When your bowl is full, stir again and allow to soak as long as possible. Stay alert, if your human catches on, you're done before the stew is.

If you followed instructions, this is what your soup should look like.

Now, this is important, stand over your bowl and scream until your parront shows up to see what the problem is. When your parront arrives, stare into your bowl and look bewildered, like you can't begin to guess what happened here. More than likely your human will freak out, you can't blame them, they'll think you already tasted the concoction. Don't worry, sterilizing and refilling the bowl will give your caregivers plenty of time to collect themselves and possibly call poison control or your vet. You may even get a bonus snack. Parronts hate putting us to bed without dinner.

When they return with a fresh bowl of sparkling water----
Hide, if there's no place to hide, stand in plain sight and look precious. Do you know a few key words? Use em if ya got em! 'Nite Nite' is a good choice, 'Pretty Bird' works too. If your human has a really grim look, use the best of the best, 'I Love You'.

Now start planning a new recipe to use the next time your human asks you to eat broccoli.

Poppy is so cute, that's funny :). But I can't say it looks appetizing uugh!

Oh my god! I can't stop laughing, the commentary went so perfectly with all of those looks Poppy gave you. I love it!

Perfectly choreographed narrative and pics as always, Allee!!

Poppy is the perfect foil and looks so proud of her recipe. Available soon for purchase at the local Whole Parrot Foods!

Allee, I think Bundii has been doing some recipe testing for Poppy. Her water or "soup pot" looks like this most days when I get home from work.

Bundii is glad to report that the recipe is perfect. It does exactly as it says. :D

This is every freaking day now for us. Kyo loves popsicle sticks to destroy, and there are always tons in her water when I get home from work. And pellets, and almonds. It's so funny that they do this.

This was so hilarious! I lost it on the photo where Poppy says "look precious..." LOLOLOL!

You are so clever.

Hilarious!!! Poppy's expressions are priceless, Allee!! But your commentary resulted in coffee being spewed half way across the room.

When Willow makes Parrot Stew it's usually a combination of pellets, and a few nuts and colored wood off one of her chew toys, lol

Great post!

Hahahahahaha! 😂 High comedy, Allee! I always love your Poppy-narrated chronicles! She is such an expressive character!

OMG! I am laughing soooo hard I have tears running down my face!
The first pic of Poppy waving "Hi"..THEN...her "staring" down at her concoction!
And the narrative is spot on!

Jim

My brother David,is a kitty guy. He has a black,long hair,indoors kitty that I got for him from where I used to work..anyway..David smokes a pipe,and puts his pipe cleaners in a cabinet above the kitchen sink.

EVERYDAY when he comes home,he finds a pipe cleaner,or two..in Missy's water bowl! And the cabinet door open! Smart kitty lol

Jim

Most Reactions

Back