Please help? Is my conure plucking or molting?

kikoconure10

May 9, 2024
Parrots
1 conure
Can anyone help me, please? I posted this on another site, but I'm still not sure. I can't make an appointment with a vet today... Could this be plucking? Or is it just molting? He's been molting for a while and I can see pinfeathers all over his body still, but I'm paranoid. He had an issue with his beak and diet months ago, but it was resolved. The 3rd photo are the feathers he lost just today. I'm sorry for the blurry pictures.

1721567802369.png
1721567806781.png
1721567833139.png

Welcome to the forums!

To me, it appears your bird is molting. The area under the wing lacking feathers is normally, it’s usually pretty patchy there for most birds.
When molting, parrots can loose several feathers in a single day.

Could you maybe try and get a more clear picture if you can?

hey there! i'm not an expert, but from what i can see in the pics, it looks like normal molting to me

Can anyone help me, please? I posted this on another site, but I'm still not sure. I can't make an appointment with a vet today... Could this be plucking? Or is it just molting? He's been molting for a while and I can see pinfeathers all over his body still, but I'm paranoid. He had an issue with his beak and diet months ago, but it was resolved. The 3rd photo are the feathers he lost just today. I'm sorry for the blurry pictures.

View attachment 60286View attachment 60287View attachment 60288
Plucking The colored feathers are gone & skin can be seen. Moting takes places 2x/year. You should not see in-colored patches or just “down,” the white or grey under feathers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back