Pictures of Wilson!

Pastelsponge15

Jul 18, 2014
Florida
Parrots
Wilson- a 15 y/o Blue and Gold Macaw rescue baby. Imported.
I know I have already posted a thread in the Macaw forum today, but my baby is too adorable to not share pictures of!
tumblr_n934vhoxAJ1ruyx89o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n934vhoxAJ1ruyx89o2_250.jpg

tumblr_n934vhoxAJ1ruyx89o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n934vhoxAJ1ruyx89o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n934vhoxAJ1ruyx89o6_1280.jpg

Aww...how beautiful!

Wilson is beautiful! Please keep the pictures coming:)

Why, when I heard the name WILSON, was I was picturing a volleyball with tail feathers glued to it... :D

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Where in Fla are you? I'm south of Tampa. Wilson doesn't appear to have a USDA quarantine band, what makes you think he's an import? Was he a pet bird someone brought in? Did he come from a rescue?

Wilson is gorgeous, thanks for sharing his photos! Love his enclosure!

Wilson looks young to me.

Welcome to the forum. Where in Fla are you? I'm south of Tampa. Wilson doesn't appear to have a USDA quarantine band, what makes you think he's an import? Was he a pet bird someone brought in? Did he come from a rescue?

He does have a band, and that's why I assume he's an import. I asked his Vet and she confirmed that it was a quarantine band, because We were wondering if the numbers/letters could give us an idea of where he's from and his sex. (They couldn't.)
Those just aren't very high quality pictures. It sits really low on his right foot, and it's roughly the same color as his foot.

He did come from a rescue, and when we asked why he had the band, they told us what it was.
I'm in Cocoa Beach.

Last edited:

He's about 15. There are some places where his feathers don't look all the way grown in, and that's because those areas are all scar tissue and any feathers that do grow in are tiny, practically down, and fall out pretty immediately.

If he has a quarantine band (USDA open band) then he's probably alot older than 15. After about 1982 the only CITES listed birds passing though quarantine where pets. How much does he weigh? Know his history?

Share away! Wilson is gorgeous and he knows it:D Looks like he was enjoying his outside time too:)

PM me the band numbers and i'll tell you what little i can find out. Dealing with the USDA is a pain in the fanny. However the letters are a code for what quarantine station he past though (survived). The year might be trouble but who knows.

He's about 15. There are some places where his feathers don't look all the way grown in, and that's because those areas are all scar tissue and any feathers that do grow in are tiny, practically down, and fall out pretty immediately.

Sounds to me like he may have plucked that area, or been housed with a bird who plucked him at one time...

He's gorgeous!

Most Reactions

Back