Pics for Betrisher...Bush Stone Curlews

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Photos of the 2 bush stone curlews and their 2 babies at my work. They hatched about a week ago. They had laid the eggs in the middle of the car park and we were not sure that they would hatch. We have had multiple days in the recent weeks where the temperature has reached 39C. So one would imagine the temperature of the gravel in the car park would be a lot greater.

80d618d07c7b50a59e709e2670fe090d_zpsac37483b.jpg

This pair had not had much success previously but it seems this time they got 2 from 2.

fa1d351013ce67e27430c0ddb299345f_zpsabd8cc00.jpg

Last edited:
Ooowah!!! Aren't they amazing? Y'know, I've never seen one in the flesh (except for the poor, lonely creature in Taronga Park Zoo). Aren't the babies gorgeous? Lucky you, Amanda! Thanks for posting the piccies for me! :)

No worries. :). We have a few pairs on the defence base. I will see if I can get some more closer ones. I don't want to disturb them to much though.

The babies lay usually flat out on their little bellies. It is so cute. :D. The noise they make is really quite disturbing though. It can be frightening at night time if you disturb them. They also love to hiss at you. :eek:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back