Picking new cage

Apple

Aug 3, 2014
Hello, I am buying a new cage for my Green Cheek Conure. I narrowed it down to either:
048081000403C.jpg

Prevue Hendryx Large Black Flight Bird Cage - Outdoor Aviary Cages and Parakeet Flight Cages from petco.com

or:

094922279552C.jpg

HQ Aviary Flight Cage with Stand - Flight Bird Cage and Bird Flight Cage from petco.com

Does one of these seem like a suiting cage for a Green Cheek Conure? Do you have any of them?

Either one should work. Mine is sort of like the top one, but without the stand and its 36x24x48. I say go with the biggest one you have room for. GCCs are busy little birds and love lots of space!

My canary is in the HQ flight cage/platinum (the one you list at the bottom).
I'm not sure how it would work for a conure. I realize that you would like the largest cage possible for your bird but I would be afraid that he could chew the finish off of that gauge wire but I could be wrong. My green cheek is in a heavier gauge wrought-iron cage, of course it is not that large, more like 24"w x 22"d x 30"h

Flight cages are really intended for small birds such as finches, and Budgies, and the like. While it seems that they just aren't heavy enough gauge to be sturdy enough for a parrot, people do use them for small parrots all the time, (since the attraction is the size) so I guess it's fine.

I have used flight cages for my blue quaker and green cheek conure with no problems. The cages allow easy sight and interaction along with lots of room! I have 3 different flight cages with the King's cage being the highest quality and still competitively priced....under $200. King's flight cage has a nicer finish and cleaning is a breeze! Bird doo doesn't stick to the King's cage! I sent the prevue flight cage back, it was to flimsy and cost the about the same as the King's flight cage. There's no comparison between the 2 cages.
My original thread when looking for a cage for my new quaker....Baby Blue Quaker!!!
Probably should have gone this way to begin with. The Prevue cage has bars that are only about 1mm in size. The Kings Cage bars are 3mm. HUGE difference.

King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

Last edited:
I like the second one. I keep my green cheek conure in a flight cage with the same dimensions.

Thanks for all the replies! :)

So I bought the HQ aviary flight cage. Yesterday I was building it and I released that the cage itself will not be screwed together with the stand but instead it will be resting on top of it like this:
107j8lh.png

I do not feel comfortable with that living in in a state with earthquake risks so I went ahead and ordered this cage instead as the breeder I bought my Green Cheek used this cage for her very own Green Cheek. Anyone used it and have any thoughts on it?
800443110393C.jpg

Petco Designer Black Standing Cockatiel Cage - Cockatiel Bird Cage from petco.com

Most Reactions

Back