Photo's Of Maya

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]
I was wondering if i should create a thread for Photo's of maya and add all new photo's there, or should i create a new thread each time i have a bunch of new photo's?

Maya LOVES her tree! I use fruit juice pesticides that are safe for birds to make sure there are no mites around here she perches.

CAM00456.jpg

CAM00451.jpg

I only set her on this chair to take the photo since i dont know if the paint is safe for her. Thinking back, it was a mistake, but she was only on it for a second.

Maya is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. :) If its been awhile I just start a new thread. But either way works.

Maya is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. :) If its been awhile I just start a new thread. But either way works.

Thank you, i agree, ill post new pics here unless it's been a few weeks since i post any

Maya is really beautiful! Look at the way the feathers shine on her head :)

She is beautiful, i take so much pride in her. She knows shes beautiful too, acts all stuck up about it, especially if i ruffle her feathers with a scritch, she'll spend an hour making them perfect afterwards!

As for the shinyness, I think i can give a little insight, She gets scrambled eggs (still a little gooey, twice a week. Egg keeps a dog's coat shiny so i figured it works the same with birds ^^ she also gets 2-4 baths a week. Cold water, in my shower

Maya is stunning!
I think I would start a new thread once you start to get alot of pics on a thread, since some of the folks have to pay for data and they wouldn't be loading the same pics each time you add new?

Maya is stunning!
I think I would start a new thread once you start to get alot of pics on a thread, since some of the folks have to pay for data and they wouldn't be loading the same pics each time you add new?

Ah i didnt even think of that. Thats a great idea, and i think i'll stick to stat considering :)

I had never thought of it either until I joined the forum and someone mentioned it to me.
Please keep the pics coming, I am falling in love with the gorgeous Maya!

What a pretty, happy girl!:) she looks super excited and happy to be alive. :) you're doing something right!

Maya is beautiful! She looks very healthy and well cared for. Your egg trick must work;) Do you use the orange-extract pesticide? That's what we used to use for ants in the summer around Kiwi (not only was it safe, but it smelled good too:)).

I think starting a new thread for new batches of photos is a good idea too. More because when threads get super long, cool pics or interesting stories/info gets a bit lost...

Maya is beautiful! She looks very healthy and well cared for. Your egg trick must work;) Do you use the orange-extract pesticide? That's what we used to use for ants in the summer around Kiwi (not only was it safe, but it smelled good too:)).

I think starting a new thread for new batches of photos is a good idea too. More because when threads get super long, cool pics or interesting stories/info gets a bit lost...

Mango Control is a safe insecticide to use around your birds to control pests in any aviary

I also have used orange extract in the past and like that a lot also! I Might even go back to it for the lovely smell :)

She is beautiful but you realize the risk you are taking with her being out in the open where she can get spooked and fly off.

Eggs are good but that will condition a bird for breeding (initiating and encouraging it) and only feed themfully cooked, not wet in order to kill off anything in them and since they are a good breeding ground they need to be removed soon after giving, especially if the temps are warm.

She is beautiful but you realize the risk you are taking with her being out in the open where she can get spooked and fly off.

Eggs are good but that will condition a bird for breeding (initiating and encouraging it) and only feed themfully cooked, not wet in order to kill off anything in them and since they are a good breeding ground they need to be removed soon after giving, especially if the temps are warm.

Thank you for that interesting information! I will surely make sure her eggs are cooked thoroughly. And since you enlightened me on the egg + breeding issue, i will reduce the amount she gets.

As far as flying, she was clipped about 15 minutes before i took her outside ^^

I've been trying to recall train her with little success in the church auditorium, so i decided to clip her so she can get some outside time (she knows not to even try to take off once shes clipped, she's smart like that) and i'll continue recall training her once she's fully flighted again. I just havent had the auditorium access enough to recall train her like i want to but i will in about 6 months to a year. She knows she can fly when she has her flight feathers. She is a highly intelligent Macaw - I have been Breeding, raising, and selling bird's since i was 17

Maya is so beautiful! Your love for her shines through in these photos, Timothy! :D

Thanks for sharing, .... and keep those pics coming, please. ;)

Maya is absolutely stunning! I was super lucky today to have been able to give a blue and gold a little head scratch through cage bars out the front of a cafe.... Such beautiful beautiful birds!

Even with a clip birds can and will fly when that adrenal hits. It's along the same lines of the stories you here when a someone lifts a car off of someone caught under one. That adrenal gets released in the body and you do things you normally would never be able to do. Birds are programmed to take flight when it hears/sees danger and off they go. That is just natural for them because it is inbred in them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back