Parrots and birds

Kourtn.lou5629

Aug 29, 2024
Iā€™ve used this site for many of my questions and advice and Iā€™m back again asking for some more since itā€™s helped me so much.

I was here before because I was close to getting a amazon parrot or a African grey yet now my parents have said they donā€™t believe Iā€™m ready for a life-life commitment companion so does anyone have any suggestions of a small to medium birds or low maintenance parrots that I should get to prove im able to? Thank you for reading

You're lucky your parents even let you get a parrot, my parents wouldn't give a chance no matter what parrot T^T

I think a budgie would be nice, they're small, easy to care for and are playful and active. Budgies are also easily occupied, so you won't have too many problems with getting them occupied. A finch would also be good, they're also small, and you don't need to take them out of the cage too often, in fact, they like to socialize with other finches in their cage more than with humans. If you're getting a finch tho, get a big enough cage for them to fly from place to place.

There are obviously more low maintenance birds (Eg: Canaries, Cockatiels, Pionus parrots, ect.), and birds that could fit your situation, but these are just two. (I'm not an expert, but I do know some things about parrots ;) )

Last edited:
Budgie, hands down. You will be amazed at how smart these guys are. Some talk, quite well too.

Most Reactions

Back