Parrot Moving To Apartment

Hannah.

Apr 29, 2021
My mom and I own a BFA but we agreed that my mom would have her until I moved into my own place. I have an apartment but I'm nervous about bringing her due to my stove burners. Sometimes a line of smoke will come from one of them and I'm unsure if it is safe for birds. The apartment is relatively sound proof so noise is also an issue. Are there any ways to decrease the amount of squatting? Any tips for parrots in apartment life would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240614_185308.jpg
    20240614_185308.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230624_132805.jpg
    20230624_132805.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 5
Have you cleaned the burners on the stove? If there's grease or food debris stuck to a burner it often will smoke. That's a common problem with an electric range.

Try to avoid spillover when cooking on the stove.
Always use the fan on the fume hood when cooking to reduce any smoke from accidentally spilling.

As far as noise.
Amazons tend to make noise morning and evening.
If you have an Amazon that screams at those times you can try to shift the screaming to hours when most tents have gone to work.
Keep the birds area dark until later in the morning, then let him/her make noise later in the mornings.
Also you can try distracting him/her in the screaming times.

Unlike most Amazons, mine only starts to scream when dinner is starting to be prepared and continues untill actual food is served! But lets face it, Amazons are LOUD when they want to be. Apartment birds? Would depend on the individual parrot.

Most Reactions

Back