Orange you glad to be owned by an amazon?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
After rudely mauling my husbands sub last night (homemade right down to the bread, all vegan too, so nothing Kiwi couldn't have on it), that foolish man made the poor decision to eat some mini oranges after dinner:52:. And as soon as the large winged pest saw those oranges come out, he came lurking back over through the debris field of destruction he caused. He couldn't even wait for the first orange to be peeled, so Joe's fingers got a thorough (though gentle) nibbling of "hurry the 'hello' up" and had to wait until the beast had his fill:

DSC_7521_zpsk5w0zzrr.jpg

DSC_7522_zpsqtbeqy1b.jpg

DSC_7524_zpsnrg4tdvs.jpg

DSC_7525_zpspxyyefoj.jpg

HAHAHAHAH @ your title, April! I kept on looking at it (the title), thinking the strangest things. :32:

LOVE the pictures! Kiwi is sure enjoying those, it's written all over his handsome face. :D Mauling...HAHAHAHAH again!!!!

HAHAHAHAH @ your title, April! I kept on looking at it (the title), thinking the strangest things. :32:

LOVE the pictures! Kiwi is sure enjoying those, it's written all over his handsome face. :D Mauling...HAHAHAHAH again!!!!

Mauling is actually a pretty accurate description of Kiwi's "eating habits". Kind of like a P/O'd grizzly bear (growling and claw involvement included), only it's a hapless fruit of vegetable (or sandwich) instead:54:

Awww...great pics...I am glad to be owned by an amazon too! (And a sun and a cockatoo)

Great pics and description! I wish my flock liked citrus since I always have it on hand. Brady will occasionally take a few bites, she does love sharing my morning banana with me though. The eclectus want absolutely nothing to do with any form of citrus..stinkers!

Oh more adorable pics of that photogenic Amazon :). His head coloration shows off beautifully in the pics, how the yellow is gradient from light to dark!

I've never tried citrus with the boys. We never really eat citrus. But when one of my aunts was alive, I'd get the most delicious Satsuma tangerines from her. You know the kind with the loose baggy skin that peels away super easily? I don't know where to get them now.

We eat oranges regularly, but none of mine will have anything to do with them.

Great pics!

Pistachio nuts and cashews get that type of attention around here, though all like oranges & are pests until they can no longer see any out in the open.....I had to put a TV in my workshop & close the door, whenever I'm munching on tasty treats.....I've even been forced to partake of the privacy of our downstairs spa room on a couple of occasions, when I couldn't escape to the outdoors because of weather.....

Seriously?! There's actually parrots out there who aren't ravenous citrus seeking monsters? Weco's situation is more what I 'know' of birds and citrus fruits (i.e. if you want to eat citrus in peace, you better hide lol). Kiwi even expects orange juice and enjoys grapefruits, pomelos and key limes too. My parents birds want it ALL, if it is a citrus fruit or juice, they'll devour it (even lemons! lol).

Most Reactions

Back