Opinions on cages

XBirdieLoveX

Oct 1, 2012
At the end of the month I'm gonna buy my quaker parrot a new cage and I plan to have it for a long time so I'm wanting it to be really good.At first I was thinking about a built in play stand but their so much more expensive with it built in and I was wondering how easy it is to clean the play stand.Then I thought about getting a dome top one and then getting a large roll around play stand to where I could take her with me into my living room and everything.So I'd love some opinions on the different types of cages.I'd like to keep my budget around like $200-$250.

I would recommend a separate playstand from the cage. I got Sonny an open top cage that rolls, but quickly found it to be a hassle rolling it around with the water dish spilling, everything vibrating out of place, and food sometimes falling out. Now it stays in one place and the open top feature hardly ever gets used.

I have Avian Adventures cages (they still sell them, but now owned by Midwest Metal). The playtop versions have the playtop made so you just lift it off and put wherever you want, coffee table, countertop, desk, even floor. The cage stays intact. No bolts to remove when you want to use the playtop elsewhere. I have loved that feature. All four of my cages are the same, and the same color, which looks nice in the house. I've had these cages for ten years and they look brand new (no flaking paint, no rust, no wear). All the latches and wheels function like brand new. I've looked at the new cages on the market and can't find any with all the features the Avian Adventures cages have. If they still made them in green, I'd buy another one. Good luck on your choice.

I have Avian Adventures cages (they still sell them, but now owned by Midwest Metal). The playtop versions have the playtop made so you just lift it off and put wherever you want, coffee table, countertop, desk, even floor. The cage stays intact. No bolts to remove when you want to use the playtop elsewhere. I have loved that feature. All four of my cages are the same, and the same color, which looks nice in the house. I've had these cages for ten years and they look brand new (no flaking paint, no rust, no wear). All the latches and wheels function like brand new. I've looked at the new cages on the market and can't find any with all the features the Avian Adventures cages have. If they still made them in green, I'd buy another one. Good luck on your choice.

Could you show me which bird cage it is that you have?

Most Reactions

Back