Numerous Macaw Clips/Videos

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
To me, the funniest thing is how proud of themselves they are when they do it. Look at those eyes go! :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hAB-Sa7nWE"]Farting Greenwing Macaw - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuQx9u44VQ"]Kona and Rio : take 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmqNK_zGAXk"]Rio loves to make fart sounds - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Watching those two on the bed...

If you want to know what the essence of TRUE macaw ownership is (supposed to be) like THAT IS IT!!! Not angry birds rotting in cages lunging and biting at everything that moves... ! Those are not the big macs I know and love...

Funny, into everything, up for anything, full of themselves, toddlers with feathers!

These are goofballs! Especially greenwings!!!

Last edited:
More Kona & Rio

How fun are these two? THIS is what most big mac owners know about those big bad beaks...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mui_oKtl2Uk"]Kona and Rio - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUu88ApRsH0"]Kona and Rio "Hide and Seek" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUoK5VaxeI"]Kona and Rio - YouTube[/ame]

Re: More Kona & Rio

Once you've had something like this in your life, like every day, for years...

Good Luck ever living without it! When they are interactive like this it just brightens up your world!

Re: More Kona & Rio

That is so sweet that they play around together. I would love another macaw!

Hy Hugs

Maggie does the exact same thing with me...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyVt_qigcY"]Hyacinth Macaw Cuddles - YouTube[/ame]

When a macaw puts his or her head down on your shoulder and starts doing the macaw babytalk thing... You're hooked for life!

It's times like these that make you say "How is it possible to love a bird this much?!"

Last edited:
Re: Hy Hugs

Oh how sweet. That is one big bird. They always look like they are smiling to me . I have only seen videos and pictures. Would love to see and pet one. Or at least see one up close

Since many of our friends emulate/copy thing they've heard, just had to ask where Kona & Rio may have been hanging out ? ? ?

They were taught to "toot!"

Re: Hy Hugs

A friend of mine used to breed those. She had 8 pairs. And as long as they weren't on eggs they were perfectly tame.

I got to go in and play with... errr.. uh... "help socialize" the babies. As you can well imagine bite pressure training the big boys is not optional, and begins during hand feeding.

But they are the easiest of all of them to work with...

AHHHH!!!! These were the best :) I love them singing :) their so funny ! I love the random laughing and words. Sounds like a mental ward at my house :)

Aww, they are SO cute and smart - I feel like there are little humans under those feathers. :D

Aww, they are SO cute and smart - I feel like there are little humans under those feathers. :D

I've been saying this for years. Macaws are the most toddler like of all of them... (in both the good ways, and the bad ways.)

This is how the happy ones behave... and until you actually get the full on goofy greenwing treatment, or the big mac with his/her head on your shoulder doing the macaw baby talk thing and sucking it up... If your only experience is a big bird that doesn't know you, and doesn't know if it can trust you, well... then... you never get to see this side of them. And it's PRICELESS!

Last edited:
I sat on the floor in frt of BB's cage last night to clean the tray. The grate just above it was FULL of shredded paper. He never comes down to the bottom of the cage. Last night he yelled "HEY HEY Just do it". I said NO you get down here and help. I want you to know he came down and ran across the grate grabbing paper and dropping it to the bottom the whole time saying hahahaha ( ok so not all the paper fell but he was trying )
These guys are smart . They have heart and they are a member of any family that will love and respect them !!!

They are so lovable.... Are those two a "couple"? I wish I could just let my galah walk around wherever she likes, but she always tries to eat "stuff" and I have to keep a close eye on her. I certainly wouldn't want those big beaks trying to eat my freckles. At least my girl just has a little beak.

They are so lovable.... Are those two a "couple"? I wish I could just let my galah walk around wherever she likes, but she always tries to eat "stuff" and I have to keep a close eye on her. I certainly wouldn't want those big beaks trying to eat my freckles. At least my girl just has a little beak.

They're "buddy" birds. As long as there are no dominance/jealousy issues, just put two big macs in the room, and this is pretty much what you get (all day long!)

They wind each other up...

The thing is, one of these guys that pairs up with you?!

Yeah. There is a lot of just doing this involved...

And a lot of cuddle time involved. Somebody may have mentioned it before, but they are "just slightly" attention oriented...

Last edited:
I'd really like to see a macaw in real life. I'd like to get a proper idea of their size (I know I can see him in the photos with a person, but I still can't really visualise things until I've seen them myself.) It's funny how I think of my galah as a "big bird". Next to a macaw, she's tiny, she's only big in comparison to my other smaller birds.

Having admired the macaws on here, if I didn't have my birds and wanted to go for something else, they'd certainly be up the top of the list. Such little characters.

I'd really like to see a macaw in real life. I'd like to get a proper idea of their size (I know I can see him in the photos with a person, but I still can't really visualise things until I've seen them myself.) It's funny how I think of my galah as a "big bird". Next to a macaw, she's tiny, she's only big in comparison to my other smaller birds.

Having admired the macaws on here, if I didn't have my birds and wanted to go for something else, they'd certainly be up the top of the list. Such little characters.

I know when I got mine I called BF and told him I was on the way home with a Macaw. He said Cool. When I walked in the house he said Holy Crap that is a big bird. Head to tip of tail he is maybe 36 inches. Bundle of pure pleasure :blue2: Then they spread there wings and its over load on pure beauty and awe ......... at least in my opinion.

I didn't think there was a bird more pitiful than Zoe, but that Hy might have her beat.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back