Non Communal Living & RV :(

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
I always feel like I am repeating myself but I have 2 Suns (M &F) and a GCC(F). The Suns are not mates. That being said...

My GCC (Pickles) will not tolerate my Suns AT ALL. She tries to kill them. Literally. And my Suns being Suns think it is somewhat of a threat but funny to watch all in all. I have tried several techniques, all the basics really. I am now literally scared to have the 3 out at the same time, even on opposite side of the room.

So, I guess my question is why? And what else to do? We are going to start RVing on occasion and found an RV that fits my large cage perfectly, but Pickles will have to go in a small cage. My Suns scream when Pickles is out and they are not. Pickles does not even give them a chance, she just attacks and I invariably have gotten bit when I had to separate them. Yet...when they can't see each other Pickles and the Suns will "flock call" to one another.

I'm just a little worried about the amount of time out of their cages will not be adequate but there is no way I am leaving them at home. I would love your help.

-Jen

My Amazon hates my new Macaw. Could you clip their wings so they can't get near each other? Could you put a playstand on top of each cage so they can be out & unable to reach each other. That's a main reason I keep mine clipped.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back