Nibbling on long finger nails

fun /end thread

Phoenix my 7 month Green Cheek conure loves to nibble on my fingernails. Should I be concerned about it becoming a bad habit or is it just antic of bonding or having fun?
My princess parrot has a VERY bad habit. She likes to land on my head with her VERY long and sharp nails and leave scratches on my scalp. She thinks it's fun, but it's not so much fun when she makes me bleed. "Fun" is in the eye of the beholder!

My princess parrot has a VERY bad habit. She likes to land on my head with her VERY long and sharp nails and leave scratches on my scalp. She thinks it's fun, but it's not so much fun when she makes me bleed. "Fun" is in the eye of the beholder!
Thank you very much for telling me about princess. Your right it doesn't sound fun for you.
I trimmed my nails short so I guess I find out if Phoenix messes with them today. Luckily it was soft nibbles.

Phoenix my 7 month Green Cheek conure loves to nibble on my fingernails. Should I be concerned about it becoming a bad habit or is it just antic of bonding or having fun?
Eeeewwww
It is a painful habit that my conure started doing for a short time and was tough to stop. Best to scold ur bird every time as soon as it happens.

I also had a parrot-like this which kept landing at us and most of our family members had scratches on our bodies. The nails were sharp enough to penetrate a sensitive/soft skin like for girls :)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back