ToukiB.

Aug 16, 2012
Hi all,

I just found the forums not too long ago in my search for my first birdy friend. After doing a ton of research I ended up bringing home a gorgeous little Turquoise GCC.

This little bird fits all the personality traits I read about to a tee. Since first meeting Touki I don't think a day has passed by that I haven't laughed at his antics. He will go back and forth across his cage doing somersaults on his perch to get my attention to let him out. He absolutely loves being with me which always makes me smile, while I'm on the computer he'll sidle up to my hand and if I ignore him long enough he will actually burrow up under my hand until I start scritching him. Then he will fall asleep like that in complete birdy bliss....:p so cute!! Touki also loves to chase the dogs around my poor chihuahuas don't know what to make of this little terror.....lol

We've been together for 3 weeks now and although he's a bit beaky he has only lightly nipped a couple of times. I accredit those to my own learning curve, as I've never had a bird before so learning to read his body language is completely new.

I think from here on out I'll always have a bird companion, dogs and cats are great but birds are one of a kind....:D

Now I know from owning horses you can't have just one (kind of like pringles ;)), is it the same for birds?? I can completely see that as being the case......lol

De & Touki :green2:

23122D69-CD46-4207-937F-FF8E6CFDE993-2410-000004799E162E90.jpg

F46981DE-6404-4BDD-8B7E-DD7B32255BC0-2410-00000479AB535173.jpg

Welcome to the forum..... very cute feather child you have there.

adorable bird :). and yes, birds are like pringles, we call it the bird bug. you just keep getting birds, every bird is "the last one we get" lol ;). welcome and i look forward to seeing you and touki around the forums :D

Welcome :) Touki is adorable !

You will have a great time here , lots of great people :)

Thank you all for the welcome!! I'm so glad I found this forum there seems to be a wealth of info here and some really great people to meet.

Ann- I appear to be in serious trouble then because I think the bird bug has a firm grip on me.....lols

I'll let him know you all think he's adorable, he's such a little love....:smile015::smile015:

Thank you all for the welcome!! I'm so glad I found this forum there seems to be a wealth of info here and some really great people to meet.

Ann- I appear to be in serious trouble then because I think the bird bug has a firm grip on me.....lols

I'll let him know you all think he's adorable, he's such a little love....:smile015::smile015:

You have no idea of the trouble you are in....lolol.
We are all bird oholics here.....in only takes one or two posts and your hooked just like the rest of us :):p;)

Most Reactions

Back