New to forum. Just got a baby Cinnamon Green Cheek. :)

Acindo

Sep 15, 2013
Sydney
Parrots
Kylar - DOB: 5th of July 2013
Hello everyone,

I just got a baby Cinnamon Green Cheek 3 days ago. He was hand raised for 8 weeks before I got him.

As soon as I took him home I was able to handle him and he only bites hard when hes testing something out. Like that first time he found the squishy part in my hand between thumb and index finger hahaha.

I just thought I would join up on this forum so I could connect with other conure owners. I previously had a regular Green Cheek Conure with the biggest damn personality you'll ever see. I purposely got one of a different colour variation to try and make myself not compare the two because I don't think any other bird will be as awesome as my first.

If anyone wants a look I have a couple videos of my old bird and just put a new one of my baby bird online today. As you may notice, I don't like to have my birds wings clipped. They are birds and if they want to fly they should be able to! Just my opinion. No problem with people that clip wings. I used to walk down the street with Winston on my shoulder and he never once flew away :)

My old bird Winston [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QRXRhVSns]Winston - The Green Cheek Conure #2 - YouTube[/ame]
My new bird Kylar [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rluBkImO1GI]Kylar - The Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure #1 - YouTube[/ame]

Look forward to reading and contributing to the awesome conure stories here :) take care everyone.

Last edited:
Hey welcome!!

Kylar is really trusting and loves you so much already!! Winston is a doll, I am so sorry you don't have him anymore.

Congrats!! Your videos are lovely, it always squishes my heart when I see a man love his birds as much as I do. Looking forward to more vids!!!

I think I got pretty close to becoming an owner of a green cheek conure named Winston!!! Her owner chose to work with her in a new way and now they are more closely bonded than they were before I met them! :)

Sorry to hear about your Winston. Kylar is a lovely looking greeny! Welcome to the forum!

Hi :) You picked a great Forum!! Everyone is very nice. : )

Congrats on your new guy!!!!!

I remember seeing your video of Winsten many years ago. I thought it was interesting how he liked to attack plastic bags like my GCC does Sorry to hear of his passing, but the new Cinnamon looks like an awesome bird!

Thanks everyone :)

Just thought I should clarify that Winston is still alive and well. Due to where I moved and a few circumstances I was unable to keep him with me.

I gave him to a friend from work and Winston has become a loving member of their family. I do miss him so much though.

At least Winston is still healthy and happy! :)

That video of you and Winston reminded me of a gif image of a "cute guy and his cat".... only you've got a bird! ;) Winston is adorable!

Ah, tried to view videos but the Youtube message says, " the content owner hasn't made this video available on mobile".

Yea sorry about that. I added music to the videos and you know copyrights and all that :( I can't make them available on mobile.

I will have to make another one with no added music so that everyone can see.

Welcome to the forum!!!! Glad your able to get another bird in your life. Kylar is very cute!

What a cute baby!!! Thanks for sharing the videos!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back