New cage for my cockatiel

Feb 12, 2020
Media
Greece
Parrots
A grey cockatiel named Pikachu
Hello. As you can tell by my username, I have a cockatiel named Pikachu. When we got him we had to go with a budgie cage because there weren't any bigger or better cages in the place we got him from. So I'm looking to buy a new, bigger and better cage online. I'm sure he's not enjoying his current one that much. Getting that out of the way, I'd appreciate it if I could have links to good cages for cockatiels, or if anyone could tell me what are good dimensions for one.

Thank you:yellow1:

Go as big as you can. wide over tall though! just make sure bar spacing is 1/2" or less

Look up ā€œflight cageā€ on amazon. They have amazing prices and Iā€™ve been very happy with most of the cages in that category. Usually around 80-150$ and free shipping if you are prime member. You want to make sure they have a ā€œlockable doorā€

I second what @BrookeB said. I bought the double flight cage (cages are side by side). I have my cockatiel in one and my budgie in the other. Itā€™s a GREAT size for my tiel and feels like a mansion for my budgie (although heā€™s about to have a friend in with him). They make a single version of the flight cage that is the size of one of my birds cages for only about $100. You canā€™t go wrong with it. Well made and lots of options to configure it to make it interesting for your fid. Look up McCage Flight cage on Amazon and make sure itā€™s the one that is 31-32 inches wide by 19-20 inches deep.

Hello.

Thank you all for your help!
Iā€™ve found good cages now.
Have a nice day and thank you again!

Most Reactions

Back