New addition. Pics...

robopetz

Dec 2, 2012
Hawaii
Parrots
Congo African Grey - Beemo, Sun Conure - Charlie, Lovebird - Benny, Zsa Zsa - Cockatiel, Poot - Red Vented Bulbul
Charlie has a new buddy. He is a dark grey white faced cockatiel. He is about 4 weeks old. We have named him Max. Charlie is really not "ok" with the tiel around as of yet but I have them seperated and only have supervised visits from afar. Max is still hand feeding and is starting to get crurious about his big boy food but doesnt know how to eat it yet. As for Charlie hes doing great he is only on 1 sometimes 2 feedings a day and just loves zupreem, I have bought roudybush but he doesnt like it that much but will eat it just not as much as zupreem kind. And heres the pics.... I was told that the "white faced" part will fill in as the tiel gets older???

A93BF6F2-6498-4E80-B5DD-C87442314608-2028-00000215475B7BE3.jpg

D169C884-206D-4634-A55C-5578E3B93C27-2028-000002154CBFCF61.jpg

52F4C88D-BD68-4A6C-AA2D-3EBBB124C79C-2028-0000021551DBE8F5.jpg

Adorable baby. congrats:)

If the cockatiel is in fact a male, then yes, his face will start to turn white between the age of 4-12 months old.

If female, then she wont change much. Gorgeous either way!

Thanks all. I was told by the breeder that my tiel is a male. But looking at the under tail feathers they are barred. Hmmmm? Like MonicaMc said gorgeous either way.

This guy is sure a messy eater though, head bobbing for days hahaha.

Well my partner didnt really like the name Max for our cockatiel. So we have decided to name him Iggy instead.

He is growing so fast. His tail is getting longer he figured out the flying thing and loves to fly to me at first site. He is much more active now that he can walk well and fly. He is very curious about everything and even eats a tiny bit on his own. So everything is going great and he may be weaning sooner than I thouhgt.

What mutation are the parents???

Young male cockatiels appear exactly like females, so it's not an accurate way to determine sex until the birds have gone through their first or second molts.

I was told that his dad is emerald pastel double factor and his mom is single factor silver or blackhead. I don't know what they mean but I have seen them amongst all the other when I went to go visit the breeder.

I wonder how the breeder determined the chick is a male then.

Thats what I thought as well. We're gonna have to wait and see. Another thing is those pics above are pics of the day we got him and breeder said he was 3 weeks old. He looks older than 3 weeks if you ask me.

Oh could be. Those are some nice pied colors there. Thank you!

Those are actually pearled cockatiels, not pied! :)

Hahaha now that you mentioned yes, you are right! So beautiful.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back