Nephele Eupheme

Lullx

Mar 6, 2015
Central New York
Parrots
Nephele - Baby CAG | Genevieve & Phaedrus - Green Cheeks | Lucy - Lutino Cockatiel | Ludo, Zero & Anzu - Budgerigars
Three weeks ago, my darling Nephele Eupheme finally came home!
IiECeON.png
IcSKBdX.png

I apologize for not updating until now, but it's been a very busy three weeks! She was born on Friday, February 13th of this year.
aVYJz0W.png
ckWQKp1.png

I've been calling her Nilly for short, and it has been an amazing three weeks filled with growth and love and wonder. I've learned so much in this short time, and so has she!
z02LchE.png
Q7crnT8.png

It's been incredible to watch as she quickly becomes more comfortable with her new home, and with me. She's now a master at stepping up! She also really likes to snuggle and be held. Such a clever girl, she's already got this whole "not pooping on mom" situation down fairly well.
2EuqULi.png
nWPeV6c.png

Nephele Eupheme, my happy little cloud, you are perfect.
e0d5SAp.png
1kvGQ57.png

I've also uploaded several 15-second videos of Nilly over the last three weeks.
You can view them all in my Instagram, which is viewable on desktop as well as mobile :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much! She really is quite the looker, isn't she?
Her personality is starting to blossom as she becomes more comfortable here. She's very adventurous and curious, and very little frightens her.
I'm having a little trouble getting Genevieve to accept her, but that's currently the only real obsticle right now. That, and she isn't really interested in food as a reward. I haven't found that one thing she really likes to use for training yet, so I've been using an exaggerated voice and affection to reward her for good behavior in the mean time. She gets really excited and forgets to eat sometimes. I have to remind her after a few minutes that there's fresh food for her.
She came home from the aviary already mimicking the wolf whistle that they taught her, and she's started making some new noises. She quickly understood that I won't pick her up from her cage until after she goes to the bathroom, and to let me know when she needs to go so that she doesn't make a mess on me or the furniture (that one is still a work in progress haha).
Every day is new and exciting! We have her big cage in a room separate from the other birds so she could get used to the new home and learn to trust me, but today we're moving it into the living room! I've been taking her out and setting her on top of her roost cage in the living room so she could get used to that room and the rest of the flock, and she's adjusted beautifully.

Awwww I love greys... They're so much fun.
Congrats!

Thank you! She's been such a joy to have home :D
It was worth all of the waiting and worry.

Beautiful photos and update! I'm thrilled for you and Nilly!

Goegeous! Congratulations! A grey is one of my dream birds...

Thank you both!
I'm still very excited about each day, to see what new things she's picked up.

African Greys were at the top of my list for my dream bird. I can't imagine having anything else now that Nilly has permeated my heart so completely.
Maybe in a few decades I can finally get a dusky pionus, but I'm more than content now with my flock.

Most Reactions

Back