KAN450
New member
Hi, all.
I came home from school today to the smell of paint throughout the entire corridor of my apartment building. I’m assuming that one of my neighbors decided to paint their apartment, as this is allowed in the lease. However, we are supposed to give warning to our neighbors upon doing so, and this did not happen. Obviously, had I known, I would have made arrangements for my bird to stay at a friend or relative’s house for her safety.
Luckily, from what I can tell, my GCC is okay. However, there seems to be a bit of the paint odor entering my apartment from the hallway; nothing super overpowering (it’s so faint that I can’t even really tell if its there or if it’s just hanging in my nose), but it’s there. The only room in the apartment where I do not notice it at all is the bedroom. So, for the time being, her and I are in the bedroom with the door shut, and she is hanging out on her sleeping cage.
I have all the fans in the house on, including those in the bathroom and above the stove, in an attempt to air the place out as much as possible. Does anyone have any other ideas or tips on what to do in a situation like this? I’d prefer to not keep her cooped up in here for several days (as this is how long it will probably take the hallway to stop stinking), but it’s really an annoying and tricky ordeal. :\ Her health comes first.
Thank you!
I came home from school today to the smell of paint throughout the entire corridor of my apartment building. I’m assuming that one of my neighbors decided to paint their apartment, as this is allowed in the lease. However, we are supposed to give warning to our neighbors upon doing so, and this did not happen. Obviously, had I known, I would have made arrangements for my bird to stay at a friend or relative’s house for her safety.
Luckily, from what I can tell, my GCC is okay. However, there seems to be a bit of the paint odor entering my apartment from the hallway; nothing super overpowering (it’s so faint that I can’t even really tell if its there or if it’s just hanging in my nose), but it’s there. The only room in the apartment where I do not notice it at all is the bedroom. So, for the time being, her and I are in the bedroom with the door shut, and she is hanging out on her sleeping cage.
I have all the fans in the house on, including those in the bathroom and above the stove, in an attempt to air the place out as much as possible. Does anyone have any other ideas or tips on what to do in a situation like this? I’d prefer to not keep her cooped up in here for several days (as this is how long it will probably take the hallway to stop stinking), but it’s really an annoying and tricky ordeal. :\ Her health comes first.
Thank you!







