need help tracing leg bands please...

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I came across this ad this morning.

just trying to help this person find the original breeder

this was posted in Canada.

PLEASE HELP TO TRACE AMAZON AVIARY BAND NUMBERS
Looking to trace band numbers of double yellow amazons.
If you are the original breeder or know who the initials belong to please contact me.
Closed band numbers are:
NA 94 06013 BE (about 19 years old)
ABC01 11 (12 years old)
These are double yellow magnas. I have communicated with previous owner but would really like to touch base with the original breeder who owned this pair.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Hi there is a group on Yahoo called leg bands. You have to have a Yahoo account though. I joined and really got no help from them but got a lot of spam and a lot of others looking for leg band info also. Why it all came to me I have no idea. All in all it wasn't a help to me. Good luck! Did the previous owner know who the breeders where? If they tell you at least you can look em up and go from there. Again good luck!

thanks critterman, the ad doesn't really say.

this bird may have come from the states, but not sure at this point.

when I was searching this morning, I came across a site referring anyone who is looking for leg band info to try Yahoo. i was going to, but thought I would probably have better success on here :)

Here's the general regurgitated info that I've gathered and try to keep on hand, plus some additional stuff.

If your breeder is listed, you might be able to find them here... (there were two previous sites that had a lot of information about leg bands on them, but have since been closed down)
New Leg Band Registry

A YH group that helps trace bands LegBandNumbers : Leg Band Numbers

A few places that produce leg bands may or may not help trace the band if it's one of theirs...
L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue
Red Bird Products
DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings

Information on Leg Bands
Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - The ABC's Of Leg Bands - Identifying Birds
Interpreting Bird Bands
Choosing Your Bird

Canadian Leg Band Codes
Leg Band Codes

Trace an AACC Leg Band
The AACC Homepage

Went through the database at Yahoo Leg Band Numbers and didn't come up with anything....

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back