Naughty cat

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
Two Cockatiels, A Timneh African Grey
Hi all, you see, today, I just was watching tv when suddenly I heard all my birds scream. Mostly the Senegal parrots, so after a while I heard another scream so my mum went to check, when she gasped I quickly ran up to her.
She said a street cat had come inside the house trying to eat the birds. Mum quickly put the cat back out, (she would never touch the cat) anyways guess what happened :'( lora (my cockatiel) was almost caught, but now her beautiful tail has been torn and ripped with rags in them. :( :( :( I really feel sorry for her, thank goodness she wasn't hurt. Imagine what happens if she is eaten by the naughty cat.:eek:

Last edited:
Miserable you and your birds. Hope all will quickly forget what happened and the feathers will regrow really fast.

You are the second person this week to say that a cat has wandered into their house from outside! How does this happen?

They were most likely someone's pet cat to walk into a house like that as most strays won't even try...

well, loras tail is a bit better, and i forgot to mention: actually, loras tail wasnt only torn and ripped, about 4 feathers of her tail came off. poor girl.

Yeah, I've read that birds can drop their tail feathers as a defense mechanism from predators. (The predator gets distracted by the feathers and grabs that instead of the bird). My last parakeet Buddy had a close encounter with my mom's cat one time. He lost almost all his tail feathers and took off to the other side of the room before I even knew what happened. He wasn't hurt, and his tail feathers grew back fine.

Your birds' tail feathers will grow back soon, don't worry. In fact, it seems like tail feathers grow back super fast, faster than any other feathers. I'd say in about 3 weeks, they'll be back :)

You'll notice the new feathers just starting to grow in about a week or so.

thanks for the fact :) ill check in after a week and tell you what happened to the tail. so keep focused on the thread , although it might get old. :D

in memories of anastasia :whiteblue:----------------------------------------------------------------------

:yellow2:thanks for the fact :) ill check in after a week and tell you what happened to the tail. so keep focused on the thread , although it might get old. :D

in memories of anastasia :whiteblue:----------------------------------------------------------------------

Most Reactions

Back