My pretty lil Kiwi

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
I just had to post this... She is doing so well and her beak is 99.9% healed. You can hardly tell it was damaged. I am shocked how fast it grew out. She sure is a lil happy girl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
What a cute little Kiwi, and such a pretty color :)! I'm so glad to hear that her beak is all better now, and no lasting damage.

What a cute little Kiwi, and such a pretty color :)! I'm so glad to hear that her beak is all better now, and no lasting damage.

Thanks, the damage was near her left nare. I thought her beak was puncture all the way through. So the damage started to move and it has moved all the way down to almost the tip now. It's flaked off and you can see just a little brown spot near the end of her beak where it V's. I am relieved no permanent damage was done.

Since she has molted and I think she is turning more yellow each time. Her father is bright yellow with red eyes. Her mom was green. She is pretty yellow near her vent. So we will see. I know nothing about genetics.

She is so adorable. My husband says she looks like an easter peep.

She does look like an Easter peep! I'm happy she's doing well! Cute lil thing!

What a puffball! Your Kiwi is adorable:D I just love the little accessories for small birds too, what a cool little stand she has there!

She looks so snuggable!
How did she hurt her beak? I must have missed that

Awww, she's such a pretty little girl! I'm so glad she has no permanent damage to her beak.

Awww!! Very lovely! And she does look like an Easter peep! Hehe! I'm glad her beak is doing better, but I also must have missed the post where she was hurt. :( I will go look for it and catch up.

What a puffball! Your Kiwi is adorable:D I just love the little accessories for small birds too, what a cool little stand she has there!

Thanks, sometimes when she is perched she looks like a lil pear. haha! I love this stand. Saw one at a bird store, it was too expensive so i got this one off amazon for 1/2 the price. And it hangs. Living in an RV, space is very limited, so being able to hang it was awesome. Very easy to clean too.

She looks so snuggable!
How did she hurt her beak? I must have missed that

She's a lil cuddlier, but on her own terms of course. HAHA. She was injured a few months ago by my Senegal Rio. For 2 years Kiwi instigated fights between them. I kept them both clipped and tried to give each one there own personal space. But living in an RV made it hard. Finally the last incident, Kiwi almost got her beak ripped off. It was horrible. When she realized Rio was going to kill her, she ran under the sofa to get away from her. My daughter was able to get her out. The vet said just to keep her calm and quiet. Kiwi slept for like 3 days as I nursed her back to health the best I could, but she then was also depressed for what seemed like forever. I re-homed Rio, and have been working with Kiwi to help her get her confidence back. When her beak started to grow out, it looked horrible. I mean really bad. At one point I thought it was going to break off. But now it looks greats. And she is doing great. :D

Most Reactions

Back