My new baby!

Heartlight

Jan 19, 2018
I just adopted my little Green Cheek this past Friday. We are already bet buds.
I have a lot to learn but this little baby is the best, so tame, so it makes my job so much easier. Any advice is so very appreciated. I have only one concern so far and that is the fact that she sleeps, clinging to the side of her cage.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, and congratulations on your new addition! Would love to know your baby’s name and, of course, we always demand pictures :)

Feel free to ask questions as they come to you - lots of conure families here. I’ve heard of others whose birds sleep like yours - hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in about whether or not it’s a concern. I would ask if you have a variety of perches (different sizes and textures) in the cage - I know mine seem to have preferences about what they “chill out” on.

If everything else looks good, active, clear eyes, no mucus in the nose, eating/drinking well, good looking poops. My Moosh sometimes likes to nap upside down in her cage when she gets to her cage. What's his/her name? He/she may just be having fun or be comfortable in that position especially since they have only been home with you less than a week. Sounds like things are going well. Congratulations on your conure! Post some pics/video if you can.

nothing to worry about with hanging on to the cage for a snooze, I've seen some birds who do a "bat sleep" from the roof of the cage

Awww hi and welcome you guys. Congratz on your new Conure. Keep us updated on how its going and we love pics. Im interested in a Conure too and id love to hear how yours is settling in x

clinging to the side like one foot on the cage bars or literally sleeping gripping the side of the cage with both feet? ....curious....

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back