- Dec 25, 2014
- 13
- 0
To cap everything, he came in with a full head of hair, I think (I don't remember). When I first brought him home, he had a lot of difficulties readjusting. He was untamed and extremely skittish, because he just came from a home with children.
He flew toward the windows a few times, hit his head, and was bleeding. So I rubbed antibiotics over the back of his head, and I think (I don't remember) I pulled off some of his feathers to get the medication on his skin.
It's been about 3 months now, and he's still bald. Although his flight feathers that I trimmed at around the same time are not grown back either. Do you think he's bald if it's still a smooth patch after 3 months, or how long does it take for cockatiels to grow their feathers back? (I remain optimistic because his flight feathers haven't moulted either; I'm worried, because my budgies grew their feathers back in no time)
He flew toward the windows a few times, hit his head, and was bleeding. So I rubbed antibiotics over the back of his head, and I think (I don't remember) I pulled off some of his feathers to get the medication on his skin.
It's been about 3 months now, and he's still bald. Although his flight feathers that I trimmed at around the same time are not grown back either. Do you think he's bald if it's still a smooth patch after 3 months, or how long does it take for cockatiels to grow their feathers back? (I remain optimistic because his flight feathers haven't moulted either; I'm worried, because my budgies grew their feathers back in no time)







