My first playstand attempt for Mr. Peabody

Giggleagain

Jul 5, 2014
Media
Missouri
Parrots
All my rescues: Pepita, Rocky and Eva, my Quaker Parrots Clover and Sweet Pea, YNA Willie Buttons, and TAG Coca.
I have to admit that I built/took apart/rebuilt this thing until my knees hurt and I could not bend over anymore. Why didn't I think to build it on a table instead of the floor? It has way too many toys on it, but I'll take care of that...

Peabody has laid claim on it already. It is HIS territory and I may not touch it. Clover may land on it (in passing), but as usual Clover doesn't like it because it's new.

I have so many left-over pipe fittings that I think I need to build another 3 or 4 play gyms :rolleyes:

I've added a close-up of Flaco, looking a bit better than 4 months ago... but still a long way from perfect!

Attachments

• Best Playstand Photo1.jpg
    Best Playstand Photo1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 196
  • Flaco looking better.jpg
    Flaco looking better.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I have to admit that I built/took apart/rebuilt this thing until my knees hurt and I could not bend over anymore. Why didn't I think to build it on a table instead of the floor? It has way too many toys on it, but I'll take care of that...

Peabody has laid claim on it already. It is HIS territory and I may not touch it. Clover may land on it (in passing), but as usual Clover doesn't like it because it's new.

I have so many left-over pipe fittings that I think I need to build another 3 or 4 play gyms :rolleyes:

................................, FYI, that's me waiting for pictures!

................................, FYI, that's me waiting for pictures!

Sheesh, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have realized that I forgot the most important part of the post. The picture! Hahahaha! Thank you :)

That really turned out nice! PVC is such a good material to make playstands from.

That really turned out nice! PVC is such a good material to make playstands from.

Thank you Birdman! I had a lot of fun doing it, but the next time I'll use WIDE vet tape and make a plan before I start!

Very nice! Great job!!!

Very nice! Perfect size for quakers too. Peabody is looking very handsome.

I really like this! Me thinks you will see a copy on the east coast!

Oh Flboy, I don't think I could make a copy of this construction..... This was a fly-by-my-pants project with last second changes. Knock yourself out, I want to see it when it's done, and I bet I'll be jealous because I just know you won't forget a ladder! I just couldn't bring myself to take it apart again.

Very nice! Perfect size for quakers too. Peabody is looking very handsome.

Thanks Allee! Now if I could just get Clover to sit on it long enough to snap a picture....

Peabody chose to pose in a flattering position. He's a bit shy when it comes to showing his naked belly :), but he has ONE feather growing on it now. Sideways! I'm very proud of his underwear feathers though, at least now he is fit to appear in public. :09:

Holy monkeys. And I thought mine was elaborate.
Nice job! Mine is still the devil as far as my Amazon is concerned lol

Both my quakers are still avoiding the hanging gym I made for them. Zeke will at least get close to it and my cockatiel loves it. I keep hoping the quakers will decide it isn't a monster out to devour them.

I know what you mean, nothing as beautiful as healthy new feathers on a plucker. My Harry has been razoring her legs and plucking her tummy for a couple of weeks now. Lol, maybe it's the weather, the underwear feathers have to go.

Peabody has made amazing progress, I hope it just keeps getting better.

Sweet playstand! Very nice!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back