My Blue Headed Pionus "Taco" and his new friend

Syddakyd

Dec 26, 2015
Media
NY
Parrots
Blue Headed Pionus
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
They are both rescues. Had the conure for about 2 weeks. Had the Pionus since July he was actually cage bound and in a parakeet cage for 15 years. He became a plucker eventually and you know for a Pionus that means they been through some S***. New feathers grow in. They sprayed chemicals and smoked in front of it. Got a bigger cage, heated perch, UVA avian lighting, zupreeme (both were on pellets) chopped vegetables and fruits and tree nuts as treats. I wasn't planning on letting them get this close this fast but the Conure wont have it any other way and the Pionus is passive but still doesn't understand it's intentions yet. They have separate cages.

Any suggestions welcome. I only owned parrots since the summer but I did a lot of reading.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,810
Meg and Taco are beautiful!
The story Taco breaks my heart, I am so glad you got him away from the situation he was living in.

thanks me too. the conure is interested in the pionus but the pionus is scared and steps away. I don't force interactions. the conure flys frequently but the pionus walks around never flying at all. I assume that he can but doesn't want to. they eat next to each other I move the cages closer now and sometimes they even sit next to each other when the conure is out and the pionus is caged but when both free pionus gets nervous.

Most Reactions

Back