May 9, 2013
Milan,mi
Parrots
Sun conure "Akiro"
Indian ring neck "Ollie"
Indian ring neck "kiwi"
Green cheek conure "squeakers"
CAG"Barney"
I just recently got rid of my moths, after having them since summer. They were in bird food i got from a local store. So i stopped buying from them because of the food. So I tried another store and all has been well so far…until tonight:mad: I went to go give everyone dinner and Bam. Moths and loads of them. they weren't there last night, but here they are today. I didn't think this food was going to have problems too. But it did, I guess i have to keep it in the fridge from now on… or find a better place to buy it from. Im tired of seeing moths all the time :/ Does all food have this problem? Or am i just getting bad batches? Its a seed/pellet/veggie mix, that the store pre makes and sells in bulk, and I keep it in an air tight container

Put everything you bring home in the freezer for 24hours first. They'll go away. Get those traps on the meantime. Moths suck...period.

The problem with them is that they buy the seeds in bulk from seed mills and mix it themselves. Very likely to have seed moth. If you buy the air tight plastic bag ones you'd be in better shape.

I had that problem too, like kalidasa said, just put it in the freezer first. When I had moths, I vacuumed them up with the hose attachment every day and set traps. I also bought a garbage can with a lid (so they can't get to the old seed in the garbage) and vacuumed up tossed seed every day. Eventually they disappeared. However, although I haven't seen a moth in a very long time, I recently say a baby worm like moth :52:. look for the babies inside books or in wall corners, even in the garbage. Good luck!

Hahnzel loves moth larvae...free treats!

I freeze our pellets every time for 24 hours and I don't have any moths.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back