Miss Tori

Sarah13

Sep 10, 2013
This was Tori. I adopted her last winter and she was my first bird. She was 2 years old and I was her 5th home. It was my first time living in an apartment and I was away for college so she was fantastic company especially since I was really missing my animals back home. Sadly though, she had avian borna virus and passed away after owning her for 26 days. I of course took her to my avian vet and tried my best to save her but she didn't make it and passed away naturally while at the vet's office. I loved her to pieces and she was a lovely little baby to live with no matter how brief. They joy of owning her greatly outweighed the sadness of losing her and although she will never be replaced, she opened a place for another bird in need to find a home which is how Val came into my life.

Attachments

• photo-155.jpg
    photo-155.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 154
  • photo-156.jpg
    photo-156.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 151
I'm sorry to hear about your beautiful Tori :(. I've lost a bird in the past from Bornavirus also, as have others here. It's unforunately one of the evils that lurks out there.

You're right, no other bird can replace the one lost. I also acquired another of the same species, but of course a completely individual bird.

I'm sorry to hear about your beautiful Tori :(. I've lost a bird in the past from Bornavirus also, as have others here. It's unforunately one of the evils that lurks out there.

You're right, no other bird can replace the one lost. I also acquired another of the same species, but of course a completely individual bird.
Yeah, I'm sorry about your babe and I'm glad you were able to get a new one.

With me it was 10 years ago, but I will never forget how sweet Adrion my female Bronze Winged Pionus was. I wanted a BW again, so in 2013 I finally found Raven my male. He is such a stinker lol... Typical male Pi independence, and cage territorial too. I love him though. He's funny and a talented talker.

I'm glad you now have Val, and are on your way to building a great lifelong friendship with her :)

With me it was 10 years ago, but I will never forget how sweet Adrion my female Bronze Winged Pionus was. I wanted a BW again, so in 2013 I finally found Raven my male. He is such a stinker lol... Typical male Pi independence, and cage territorial too. I love him though. He's funny and a talented talker.

I'm glad you now have Val, and are on your way to building a great lifelong friendship with her :)
Aw, that's such a sweet little story!

Yep, I love my little Fruitloop!

Attachments

• 10429844_982748945085951_5527620886704888330_n.jpg
    10429844_982748945085951_5527620886704888330_n.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 172

Most Reactions

Back