Making progress!

JBassset

Oct 18, 2016
Boise
Parrots
3 year old GC Conure
13 year old B&G Macaw
Well, I've been super sick the last week which means I've been home a lot.

The upshot is that Stephen and I have had a LOT of time to bond and work on his quirks and potty training.

Yesterday, as I was resting he was on my chest. He crawled down and grabbed my hand (gently) so that I'd pet him. He also cralwed into my hands so that I was holding him and snuggled down for a nap.

A month ago, any hand near him resulted in a bloody bite. Now he demands pets and cuddles.

This was a bird known to his previous owners as a holy terror. They loved him but he wasn't hand friendly at all. Now when they see pictures they're amazed at how happy he is. (And happy that he found a good home)

Now, if any of you can give advice on potty training. He gets the idea, just doesn't feel like following through if he's not already there.

That is so great. Good job getting this little bird to trust you. It is a great feeling when you get the love and trust of a bird I know. My little guy came to us as a little punk that just did not know how to act.

My little sprinkles was misunderstood at the pet store. I bought him before anyone could do any damage to him. Most of the employees feared sprinkles he would bite hard. one girl did not know I bought him and told me she was glad he was gone. He is nippy but getting better and better the more we work on it. He just gets too excited so I have to work on keeping him mellow.

Now I can grab him and he does nothing. He only nips for attention or if he is overly excited like when my daughter sings to him.

wbaIkP_CZzk_Owmbz-eKEjfj7MTEj1mjX7YPc60ArYIjo1k2IgX6E-P1NG8iKs8nR1gVXxmBPeIguw-5b3an0U518b2hBSACjuOh314GU8r8KOE7uzezYeNZHw7xNGd6lAmyullDQjCQjf94gCwITe1zl2EJucCA9LBCjNeYlRUkvMq9KlLcVidaRAxs4Dy98MViX5eEb3WFtiTQWfKOiy4ZBGuP896cmbHH55vPwq0D5z3KmLKR2gyDhXQglHV2zlah0b6f9eQrTs1Bptw4BHqXzsDRTKCFDc4MS_rI0pzDdGHJyVNZyhHwZWCt6ccXAoQdNjZ_BXH_Kv_poxaecRHGfRp8GcZ18lRU0nddJOcQ97WEtyyv2FPhaAfaT7hxGRLFcLkR7pYS-TX7VJHnJnfPg8BN3D7-sNTcmUE8ebQ2O5bSjq0kaLJ-4UrZqvGKUKc1iNbskFf62I8wfKx5COCDNRU52IDk5F6aHezo3555w4HxmpYddDATX3Ppp2fJJ7tGZdaoo2dzj1DK9yQHjI_HI0PbVYR5_oXpy1uKvwNbLnrCXeNhP1NOMPPBtjKXngTx2QN7Fn-kYvCo3FlLzQOBAcE6dRyzsUCodqBUZlMocRuY=w404-h717-no

I love photos do you have new photos of your little baby?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back