made a mistake?

katina

Jul 20, 2014
When I got skitz ysgcc, he ate pellets I thought he might want nut so I filled his bottom feeder with the pellets and nuts on the top one, but he's stopped eating the colored pellets all together. He also eats with me at night veg, meat, fruit . Is this gonna hurt him or should I pull the nut and try to get him eating the pellets again? One other question if I am come back in the room with a gatorade, well he gets a little, but he bites me until I get it open and he gets first drink, pill bottles, we fight over the remote:confused:
thanks

Putting too many nuts in a feed dish was a mistake & you're going to have to slowly correct it, if you want your green cheek to get back on a good diet.

As to Gatorade, pill bottles & other things.....your little friend is a flock animal that wants to be with it's flock (you) & eat what you eat & drink, but you are going to have to learn what a companion bird can & can't have.....Gatorade has a lot of sodium in it and while birds can have & need sodium, what is in sports drinks is too much for them, though a sip or two now & then would usually be OK unless a veterinarian told you to not allow it.

If you are opening medication bottles/containers if front of your bird(s), your bird is going to want it's share too & that's very dangerous because when you're not looking, it is going to try opening the medicine container if it does get it open, will likely poison itself.....depending on the medication, just a lick may be enough.....open & take your medications out of sight of your bird(s).....

As far as fighting over the remote, get a small box that the remote fits in, put it in there & when you're finished changing channels, put it back...that may be inconvenient, but it will save you from ending up with a chewed up remote.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back