Macaws face feathers and beard turning green? [PICS]

BlueGold

Aug 27, 2015
I have noticed it slightly before but in the light its turning very green now.
Is this normal? Or is it just lucky to have this beautiful bird with greenish tinted feathers !

T5jpjsG.jpg

G22aHzq.jpg

Thanks

Wow what a handsome guy! The blue on Amy's face changes..some molts it seems she has more than usual,some molts,not as much..I think its normal.

Jim

See what you mean [thats different]

Looks like it could be a natural color mutation to me. How young is this bird?

Tell the truth now, you were playing dress up and can't get the eye shadow off!

Wow, that's most intriguing! Never seen anything like it. :) Does he have any other feathers that have different colors anywhere?

Well, based on what I've read, a macaw's facial feathers are unique just like fingerprints, and a B&G's colors can be anything from dark green to black. So, I'm guessing yours is more towards the green.

One of my hybrid macs had two tone facial feathers. (Half Black and Half Red.) So it does happen.

Wow what a handsome guy! The blue on Amy's face changes..some molts it seems she has more than usual,some molts,not as much..I think its normal.
Jim

Thank you, Not sure if I specified earlier but she's a female, so a beautiful girl !

See what you mean [thats different]

Definitely is !

I haven't seen that before. But it sure does look lovely!

Thank you I think it does too, but its only when the sun is on her face, otherwise it looks dark/black.

Looks like it could be a natural color mutation to me. How young is this bird?

She is turning 1yo at the end of next month

Tell the truth now, you were playing dress up and can't get the eye shadow off!

You caught me haha

Wow, that's most intriguing! Never seen anything like it. :) Does he have any other feathers that have different colors anywhere?

Umm not really, very vibrant back feathers though which gives a neon/glossy look

Well, based on what I've read, a macaw's facial feathers are unique just like fingerprints, and a B&G's colors can be anything from dark green to black. So, I'm guessing yours is more towards the green.

One of my hybrid macs had two tone facial feathers. (Half Black and Half Red.) So it does happen.

I see , well in that case I do hope mine maintains the green and even double hope it becomes more green .

Your bird is absolutely beautiful wow !
Love it

Most Reactions

Back