Lovebird making weird squeaking sound

Dylan Longman

Nov 2, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
My lovebird sometimes (once a day) makes a sound like a dog toy, it's like a squeaker in a dogs toy. Is this dangerous? Or is it just a sound he may have learnt?

It sounds like heā€™s just practicing a sound he knows.
Does he behave normally otherwise? Eats well, plays, breaths evenly, normal poop?

It sounds like heā€™s just practicing a sound he knows.
Does he behave normally otherwise? Eats well, plays, breaths evenly, normal poop?
Yes, he eats well and still interacts with me as well as breath and poop normally. So i'm guessing he is just learning a new sound.

Thatā€™s good to hear!

I love your profile picture of him! Heā€™s such a cutie!
Thank you! That was actually my old parrot unfortunately that died due to lead poisoning....still think of him every day. Although my new lovebird (Blue) has adapted to me well. This is a picture of my new lovebird.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 29
Thank you! That was actually my old parrot unfortunately that died due to lead poisoning....still think of him every day. Although my new lovebird (Blue) has adapted to me well. This is a picture of my new lovebird.
Oh no, Iā€™m so sorry!

Well, Blue is just as beautiful! How long have you had him?

Oh no, Iā€™m so sorry!

Well, Blue is just as beautiful! How long have you had him?
Ive had him since the 6th of November (Almost 7 months), 4 days after my previous one had passed away. He is quite a to handle sometimes compared to my previous one, but he trusts me and that is what is important.

Well thatā€™s wonderful!
Especially that he trusts you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back