LOST BIRD NEAR LOS GATOS, CA

Ketchup2041

Jun 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
I was on vacation and my neighbor was bird sitting my cockatiel, Kiwi. I was told that she just flew away. She responds to call and likes millet and bird seed. She is used to people.

IMG_20240202_204127341.jpg

Name: Kiwi

Species: Female Lutino Cockatiel

Description: Has a yellow crest and head feather and a little bald spot behind her crest. Very light yellow body, pink toes with clear toenails. Tail and wing feathers have yellow dots or stripes on underside.

Band: orange band (not closed) on right foot

Last seen: 6-27-2024 Wissahickon Avenue and Wadsworth Avenue near the water center.

Responds best to: Millet, rice

My Phone: 669-291-6487

Will respond/whistle when you say "Kiwi" in loud more high pitched voice

Responds to call and likes food. Used to people and will step up on hand. Flies to hand when hand reached out beckoning.

Reward: $500

Please help spread!!

Last edited:
I was on vacation and my neighbor was bird sitting my cockatiel, Kiwi. I was told that she just flew away. She responds to call and likes millet and bird seed. She is used to people.

View attachment 59936

Description: Has a yellow crest and head feather and a little bald spot behind her crest. Very light yellow body, pink toes with clear toenails. Tail and wing feathers have yellow dots or stripes on underside.

Last seen: 6-27-2024 Wissahickon Avenue and Wadsworth Avenue near the water center.

Responds to call and likes food. Used to people and will step up on hand. Flies to hand when hand reached out beckoning.

Please help spread!!

Welcome to the forums, @Ketchup2041 , but I am very sorry for the loss that's brought you here.

I've linked a few resources for you here that may help. Have you listed yet on the Parrot Alert website? A number of our members have been successfully reunited with lost birds through that service, and you can check it for "found" birds too, in case someone has already caught Kiwi...

It's also good to advise local animal control and ALL vet clinics in your area, not just avian ones, as lost birds are often found and handed in there. You can also post on local Facebook groups for lost pets and/or birds, and do an old fashioned letter-box drop with paper flyers. I did just that years ago when I lost an Indian Ringneck and it resulted in him being returned to me on the very same day.

I wish you all the very best of luck in your search and I hope your Kiwi can be safely returned to you very soon 🙏

View attachment 59936

Please help spread!!
I'll keep an eye out for Kiwi 😞

Oh no. I feel so sorry that your baby is out there. I really hope she returns.

Elliott the Goffins (my guy) has flown off one time. It was crazy since he always stuck on me like glue. We lived in Central CA back then. I watched as he spread his wings (who can blame a bird for this?) and swooped up on a current. I whistled and he turned. Then a mocking bird went after him. It was scary as I thought he might just go and keep going. He was allowed to free fly on walks and always stayed close going on short flights about 15 feet high. This was different. He was startled by the curious mocking bird who was probably defending his turf. Then another mocking bird flew in. Elliott flew right back to me and landed a few feet from me and did that silly cockatoo hop and hid behind me. He started screaming at those mocking birds and told them off. Of course he had me to help him.

Terrified me to see him going so far but I also felt for him. I got so sad that he needed me so much that he couldn’t be a free bird. He goes out with me all the time. He loves riding in the car and shopping and meeting people. He makes so many friends when we go out.

I would never be ok if he left and hadn’t returned. My heart is with you.

Most Reactions

Back