Looking for a blue-fronted amazon

Bubblegumer

Sep 8, 2024
Parrots
Looking for one
Hello People. I am from Bulgaria and i am looking to get a baby amazon parrot, maybe around 3-4 months old. The thing is in my country we don't have that many breeders who have amazon parrots. And i don't have from where to get a blue-fronted. I contacted a person on one facebook group for buying and selling parrots and asked him for blue-fronted amazon parrot and he told me he is going to Czech Republic next week to get another person blue-fronted (Amazona xanthopteryx). I asked him if he can get me Amazona Aestiva, male, he said he will look for one and he told me he can get me Amazona Aestiva male and showed me this video. Is this Amazona Aestiva or Amazona xanthopteryx? He told me they are hand fed and 80 days old currently. They would be 88 on the day he is going there. What do you think? Should i give him something like 20% of the sum and arrange it?

I was wondering between getting african grey and blue-fronted amazon, and i am kinda more interested and attracted towards the BFA playful behaviour and energy. I am thinking like i want slightly more extroverted bird. We have lots of african greys around, but i don't know the BFA looks more entertaining somehow to me. What do you think about these two breeds? Which one do you prefer and why? Does one has some advantage over the other, like i know that the African Grey is supposedly more intelligent and better talker, and i have read that the BFA is more sturdy, more extroverted, playful, fun. Is there something i might be missing about them?

And how does these babies look to you? Do you think it will be a good idea to arrange the delivery from Czech Republic to Bulgaria? The person looks decent he is known for getting some amazona breeds into our country from years in the facebook groups in my country, haven't heard anything bad about him. (and do u think its amazona aestiva or xanthopteryx?)

Ohh they are beautiful.
They look like blue fronted amazons to me.

Yes I would say Amazon’s are hardier.
Living where you do it could be difficult to find an avian vet.

Entertaining…… our African grey gets us to LOL more often than all three of my Amazons.
My Amazon pair do play together and can be a lot of fun to watch.

Good luck.

That set of three has two different types of Blue-fronted Amazons. The two with a more white head being one group an the other with the brighter yellow being another.

If that selection was in front of me, I would choose the one that flew to the Dealer's camera. That one show a great comfort with humans.

I would highly recommend that you read the first two Threads at the top of the Amazon Forum as they will provide a large concentration of information regarding Amazons!

At one time, amazona aestiva or xanthopteryx where classified as two very specific sub-species, but unless the Breeder is a Purest the two are and have been activity cross-breed and it is common to find the term amazona aestiva xanthopteryx used for the highbred.

Unless you have experience with Amazons, I would recommend an African Grey!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back