Lights of America~ Flourescent Grow Light

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
I know I have been asking quite a few questions, but I just couldn't help myself.:p My house has been so busy as of late, and I finally had some time to go to the grocery store. I needed a Grow Light for my 80 pepper plants(I know, that's a lot! Teehee) And I bought a light. But always being one of the worried and wary Parront Mom, I started to wonder if this would somehow carry Teflon. I am knowledged in what most likely has Teflon, aside from Kitchen, Bathroom, and heating substances. Anywaaaay.

Here is the information on this Grow Light package. It is a fluorescent Grow Light from Lights of America. It is 17 watts and explains that it can be used under cabinets, for Dry Indoor Gardens, and Indoor Plants. The model is 7020 E Gl, and rated 120V-60Hz 17W 300mA It explains it might interfere with radios, wireless telephones, or things that require remote controls....I found that a little weird....

It says it uses foreign and domestic parts from Fc, and it contains Mercury.

Hmm! I'm honestly not sure - I think the best idea would be to call the company or e-mail the company to confirm. That way you know for sure and can be aware of when you're using it. And that is weird that it would interfere with certain frequencies! It must emit its own frequency that can cause the waves to cancel out.

I think I will email them...better to be safe than sorry. I honestly do not think it would be in there, but I guess you never know.I will email them Monday, and hopefully my peppers won't shrivel up on me by then. XD

It doesn't say they're coated.....If they don't know I would try to go with LEDs.....

That description is pretty typical of fluorescent bulbs, the ones used for room lighting as well as the ones meant for indoor gardening. The most common interference is a low hum that can be heard on a radio or television.

I'm not familiar with any fluorescent lighting that uses Teflon for any reason, but if in doubt, do some research. The manufacturer is the best source of information.

Most Reactions

Back