Laughter in the midst of pain

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I feel like all my posts lately have been depressing or frustrating - trying to help Cache overcome his fear so he can live with some level of happiness, and losing another baby budgie after fighting so hard to save them. So I thought I would post something encouraging

Buddy the turquoise GCC was a "freebee" when I bought his parents not that long ago. Completely parent raised, he has lived his whole life (About 2 years) in an aviary. I clipped his wings for the taming process, and I am very happy to see that he is molting right now, I am hopeful that he will only spend a matter of weeks without the ability to fly.

Right now he is sitting on my chest and snuggling. I am watching tv on my laptop, and we have had to discuss that no, he is not allowed to chase things on the screen. He is plucky and brave and so very SNUGGLY! He does not step up yet, but has no aversion to being picked up around his body (a weird discovery when we had to catch him due to an unexpected issue demanding that we leave immediately). I think he simply has no concept of stepping from one perch to another in that fashion - he seems to struggle with it on the play stand as well. I do not get the idea he has done much climbing in his life - when he cant reach where he wants to go he hops and flutters and looks so very confused, and doesnt even try to climb.

Anyway, Buddy makes my heart soar. In typical GCC fashion he has very little fear and way too much curiosity for his own good. He has now moved off me and onto the couch where he is confronting a little boom box I bought this week - he is fascinated. He seems to have never had a bad interaction with humans, so why freak out? Hey human! Snuggle me!

Just thought I would share the smiles!

Awww, thank you for sharing. What a sweet reward for you and Buddy. I hope you have so many more of those moments in the future. :)

I am out of space for attachments :( I have a few on my website, but since I offer things for sale and service I can't post it here.

I am thinking about it - I set up a photobucket account, but the thing is they own the rights to anything I post there, they can even sell them, alter them, etc. It probably doesnt matter it just seems wrong.

Aw he sounds adorable! Do you have a facebook account or even just pictures on your computer. Instead of attaching them copy and past the picture. I tend to take the pictures on my phone most of the time. So to get them on the computer I'll upload them to facebook and copy and paste it on here.

I just remembered words from an old song: only love can break a heart. only love can mend it again....
When I was grieving, Goodness sent me some wild baby ducks....geez they can warm your heart. I'm glad you've gotten a reprieve from depression. Sincerely.

Right now he is sitting on my chest and snuggling. I am watching tv on my laptop, and we have had to discuss that no, he is not allowed to chase things on the screen. He is plucky and brave and so very SNUGGLY! He does not step up yet, but has no aversion to being picked up around his body (a weird discovery when we had to catch him due to an unexpected issue demanding that we leave immediately). I think he simply has no concept of stepping from one perch to another in that fashion - he seems to struggle with it on the play stand as well. I do not get the idea he has done much climbing in his life - when he cant reach where he wants to go he hops and flutters and looks so very confused, and doesnt even try to climb.

Anyway, Buddy makes my heart soar. In typical GCC fashion he has very little fear and way too much curiosity for his own good. He has now moved off me and onto the couch where he is confronting a little boom box I bought this week - he is fascinated. He seems to have never had a bad interaction with humans, so why freak out? Hey human! Snuggle me!

Just thought I would share the smiles!

Aww, Thank you So Much for sharing that story!! I could just picture him "no, he is not allowed to chase things on the screen" LOL

BTW, My Plett lets me pick her up by just grabbing her that way too :)

I have a few on my website, but since I offer things for sale and service I can't post it here.

Do you use FTP to add things to your website?
If so you can create a directory like "birds" and then put as many pics as you want in there

Then to use them the link would be like:
"http://www.yourdomain.com/birds/yourpicture.jpg"

To put that in a post it would be :

HTML:
[IMG]http://www.yourdomain.com/birds/yourpicture.jpg[/IMG]

Most Reactions

Back