Kellan

Kellan

Jan 29, 2021
Scotland
Parrots
Echo is a 6 month Alexandrine. My 1st parrot
Hi all, I’m new to the 🦜 world. I’ve had an Alexandrine for 2 weeks and he has started to come up onto my hand. Echo, his name as I am a cardiology nurse, is 6 months. I would love another but a baby that has been hand reared and company for Echo. In the process of building an outside Avery for the summer months so he - they can get out into the sun. I also have 2 dogs and a tortoise. Any breeders that have or will have babies in the Uk please let me know.

Welcome to Parrotforum!

With just two weeks with Echo you two have barely developed a basic relationship, let alone a 'trust bond'. Alexandrines can develop astounding personalities, especially if you are willing to put in the time.

The common conscience here is that obtaining another Parrot to be a friend for your current one is just not a great idea. It is very important to understand that regardless of whether hand-raised, parent-raised or wild-caught there is no assurance that they will be friends or hate each other. If they do get along, you may become the third-one out!

Last edited:
Welcome to you - hope you’ll share some pics of Echo :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back