Jardine and an Alexandrine?

khaiqha

Sep 19, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Parrots
Alexandrine Ringneck,
about to be getting a Jardine's
After 6 years of owning an Alexandrine I think I am ready to get bird #2. I was thinking about a Grey (dusty/easily stressed issues ruled that out for me), Eclectus (the special diet is too prohibitive if i want to travel with my birds), a Mealy Amazon (cant find any), to now, a Jardine's.

For me, I like everything I've read about them. However, I have no idea if the species stereotype will work well with my alex. He likes birds that are more calm, quiet, and not fast moving.

I know I cant get any gurantee on two birds not wanting to murder each other, but based on how my bird behaves, I know to already exclude caiques, hawk heads, budgies, etc.

Do you guys think a Jardine would be ok?

More info about my alex: he's very velcro, not wanting to be more than 5 feet away from me. Loves sitting on my shoulder or hanging from my sleeves as I do chores. Is flighted and lives in my room with no cage. He chews off his tail feathers every moult from habit: started as stress from when he was a baby but now it's just habit. He's actually much cuddlier than his species normally is: I cant grab him or flip him, but he enjoys petting and being hugged.

His other bird encounters have been: a budgie that scared the crap out of him because how fast it moved. A cockatiel and sun conure that he fought with because they were aggressive. A cockatiel that he is ok with cause it's calm, and another alexandrine that he was curious about for 5 mins but then lost interest.

I CAN JUST TELL YOU ABOUT MY JARDINE'S.
HE ALWAYS BE A jealous bird,so in most time I dont dare to play with the other birds under his supervision.And jardine's are so easy to become nervous,he used kill a lovebird baby who was closing to his claw.

Most Reactions

Back