Is this behaviour normal?

Mikotheparrot

Mar 12, 2024
Parrots
Alexandrian Parrot
Okay so I have an Alexandrine Parrot who is 6 months old. I have had her since she was maybe 20 days old and I have fed her since then. She started flying like 2 months ago and since then I am forced to keep her inside her cage when I am not at home since my mom cant handle her well. I go to work from 10am to 6pm and for that time she is inside her cage but whenever I am at home she is open and keeps flying here and there onside the house and then when she's done flying she looks out of the window and keeps talking.

Now what I have noticed is since last week whenever I am putting her in her cage she goes inside easily as always but when I take her outside the house to keep her in my car so that I can take her to my mom's house she flutters her wings for like 10 secs as if she wants to fly outside.
Is there something wrong.
I know keeping her in cage is not right but I don't really have much choice.
Also she has gotten quite angry for last few weeks.
She plays with me and her toys a lot but there are times when she pins her eyes and tries to bite too.
Is that normal?

Okay so I have an Alexandrine Parrot who is 6 months old. I have had her since she was maybe 20 days old and I have fed her since then. She started flying like 2 months ago and since then I am forced to keep her inside her cage when I am not at home since my mom cant handle her well. I go to work from 10am to 6pm and for that time she is inside her cage but whenever I am at home she is open and keeps flying here and there onside the house and then when she's done flying she looks out of the window and keeps talking.

Now what I have noticed is since last week whenever I am putting her in her cage she goes inside easily as always but when I take her outside the house to keep her in my car so that I can take her to my mom's house she flutters her wings for like 10 secs as if she wants to fly outside.
Is there something wrong.
I know keeping her in cage is not right but I don't really have much choice.
Also she has gotten quite angry for last few weeks.
She plays with me and her toys a lot but there are times when she pins her eyes and tries to bite too.
Is that normal?
Does she have a lot of toys and chew toy in her cage,,that may help when you are gone.🙂

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back