IRN or ARN

Mr787

Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Parrots
Female African RingNeck (KIWI)
Sooooo I am not a bird expert or anything so i'm not sure because the bird is still young...Is Kiwi (the bird) an Indian Or African Ringneck???

Attachments

• 00k0k_iPxLEkpqJFb_1200x900.jpg
    00k0k_iPxLEkpqJFb_1200x900.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 343
Weeeellll... not an IRN... at least not a pure blooded one. But it doesn’t quite look like ARNs that I’ve seen either. Is there any chance it’s something else? Sorry, I know that’s not helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might just be seeing things but the head looks kind of amazon-y to me. obviously too small to be an Amazon though or even part Amazon xD

can parakeets and Amazon's even breed?

definitely an Alex of some kind. The beak is off as I normally know them being bright coloured

It’s not an Alex... not even a hen looks like that. But the shape is much more Alex than ringneck.

strange. Definitely will be interesting to find out just what they are exactly

looks similar to a Jardines but even then it's not the same as pictures I find

Yeah I’m wondering if we are dealing with a hybrid or a very sick bird, or both...

Yeah I’m wondering if we are dealing with a hybrid or a very sick bird, or both...

NOT sick! I take very good care of my bird. :gcc:

Oh please don’t take that as an insinuation if less than stellar care; I’m assuming you haven’t had your bird for long; bad breeding and weaning practices can lead to mishaped heads, bodies, etc which could be confusing the ID.

This bird is busted. ARN it is, then. And a beautiful one, at that. Look at that bright eye! For me, the bird has an expression of mischief-making. What's the personality like?

Sooooo I am not a bird expert or anything so i'm not sure because the bird is still young...Is Kiwi (the bird) an Indian Or African Ringneck???
Looks more ARN to me... not IRN for sure beak has more black color.

Please can you post more pics.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Looks more ARN to me... not IRN for sure beak has more black color.

Please can you post more pics.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Sure. When i get home i will put some more pics up

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back