Information on a bird scale

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Hi all! Does any one know where I can get a good bird scale from? I have a CBC conure and I want to monitor his weight. If anyone knows of a place I can buy one locally or online please let me know. Thanks!

I use my mom's old kitchen scale lol, it's not digital and Rosie has to stand on a very small platform which she does with ease as she is used to this. I can check it's accuracy(and that it's not wearing out) by weighing new coins.

Most people use digital scales, I personally like my old school one and am a bit hesitant to get a digital scale that's going to break after a year. mine is close to 10 years old and still weighs correctly.

It's slightly similar to this, mine only goes up to 500 grams and the face is different. it gives you a idea of a non digital scale though.
DS115P.jpg

Copper, have you ever tried to weigh a conure or parrotlet on a mechanical scale.....they often don't give you accurate readings that light.....

Critterman, some birds prefer a T-perch to stand on, on the scale.....many are afraid of the scale its self. If you have a Harbor Freight nearby or from their online store, I have an older version of this one (3-4 years) and have not had any problems: Digital Scale

If you ever get a chunky bird & need a weighty scale, this one can handle 70 pounds:

70 Lb/32 Kg Digital Postal Scale

Good luck.....

Most Reactions

Back