kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Sun Conure: Charlie (male)
IMG_1406.jpeg

They bonded, and now I’m the 3rd wheel 😢. I’m so incredibly happy for them! I’ve had my Jenday for 10 plus years, and I’ve never seen her so happy & full of life since I got Charlie my sun conure. Even I will get dived at if my female jenday even senses any danger to my male sun. She is so overprotective of him

Yeah that can often happen when there are 2 or more parrots. You end up as the third wheel. Which can be fun, but perhaps not as interactive as one planned on initially.

View attachment 59802
They bonded, and now I’m the 3rd wheel 😢. I’m so incredibly happy for them! I’ve had my Jenday for 10 plus years, and I’ve never seen her so happy & full of life since I got Charlie my sun conure. Even I will get dived at if my female jenday even senses any danger to my male sun. She is so overprotective of him
I became a third wheel when Lovejoy and Val buddied up. And again when Fang and Jem finally decided to become friends. Now that Lovejoy is madly in love with Peachie there are no wheels left for me at all, with the exception that Lovejoy still wants his snuggle before bedtime. But that's ok, because like you it makes me happy to see them happy together, and it sure beats the heck out of them fighting!! 😅

I'm definitely the token human among my flock. I'm happy the birds are happy, but... yeah. Miss the attention i used to have. At the same time.. Glad to be a flock member!

I’m still Nico’s favorite ❤️ I will have to hold on to that. I got ditched by the conures 😂

I’ve been holding off buying a cage. I need to as my suns cage has rust starting. I may just buy a larger cage, and house the conures together.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back