Ichabod, our Big Boy Hys

micha43

Sep 2, 2013
Parrots
Hyacinth Macaw
Ichabod, our Big Boy Hys. some pics

Just a pic of him on my wife's shoulder. He's our big of a boy. A handful at times but he is a part of my life, for the rest of my life into my kid's lives hopefully. Few more pics 2 posts down

Attachments

• sh.jpg
    sh.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 334
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 312
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
few more pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 279
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 264
Wow, you can certainly see how big he is when sat on your wifes shoulder! He is huge!

Love hys, so stunning!

Re: Ichabod, our Big Boy Hys. some pics

Ohmygoodness he's HUGE!! And that BEAK!! :eek: :eek: :eek: he's absolutely stunning.

he is a BIG BOY! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the compliments everyone. He intimidates just about anyone that comes in and isn't expecting a rather large blue bird loose in our living areas relatively allowed to do as he pleases since he is quite good with not destroying things

That is one handsome boy you have there and the size a Hy should be. How much does he weigh? It seems they are making the Hy's smaller these days which is not right. When I was searching for one the common factor it seemed was a lot of breeders feed a lot of pellets if not an all pellet diet and they have small birds.

Stunted growth comes to mind in these situations. A lot of people see Hy's as their money in the bank bird and to take the easiest and cheapest way to get the birds weaned and out they go.

Love that big boy of yours. Hys are truly special little birdies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back