I think Eva is mad at me...

a_osborne

Feb 17, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Eva
Lutino Indian Ringneck - Adrian
Blue head pionus - Milo
Last month, I was out of work for about 2 weeks. Because of this, I had a lot of extra time to spend with my fur and feather babies. Eva, my GCC, seemed very glad about this. She has hours out of her cage every day but not always directly interacting with me, though she does often snuggle on my shoulder and watch tv in the evening. Anyway, during the 2 weeks she even started following me room to room and wanting to be with me nearly the whole day. Now that I am back to work, she wants nothing to do with me! She tries to bite when I attempt to hold her and doesn't want to come out of her cage. I think she's holding a birdie grudge! Haha, anyone else ever experience this?

Nothing is worse than a green cheek scorned. Mine did the same thing when we went on a family vacation without her. She got over it ....kinda :)

Poor Eva, have you tried toy bribes, extra play time, favorite treats? I hope she forgives you soon.

Nothing is worse than a green cheek scorned. Mine did the same thing when we went on a family vacation without her. She got over it ....kinda :)

Except a BIRDZILLA senegal. Boy does she hold a grudge

Hahaha! So funny. @Allee- yes, I sure have! She is a tough nut to crack. She's always been pretty stubborn with a tendency to get moody for seemingly no reason. Hopefully she'll be over it soon! Until then, I'll just keep trying. Eventually she'll miss me ;)

Most Reactions

Back